Donated in 2008 by Fleet #21, Tred Avon Yacht Club, awarded to the winning fleet calculated by the fleet's top three finishers with a minimum of three boats racing in order to qualify. The Kap-Dun Trophy is named after the historic first name of the Tred Avon Yacht Club. On June 17, 1931, a group of men met in Oxford, MD., and voted to establish the Kap-Dun Racing Association. By July 15, they voted to change the name to the Kap-Dun Yacht Club. According to a written history by Jerry Valliant, elected as president of the club in 1931, the name Kap-Dun was first used as the name of a club established in a small building just east of the ferry dock as a swimming and canoeing club. When the sea nettles (jellyfish) arrived, they quickly changed the focus to a club which would promote sailboat racing. Thus the Kap-Dun Yacht Club was born. The club later changed to Tred Avon Yacht Club, after the name of the river the club sits upon. The name Kap-Dun comes from an old English spelling of the word Cape (point) and Dun meaning Town. The club being located on a point, near the town of Oxford.